Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM)
Los Angeles Bug Sweep Detection
The use of domestic and industrial eavesdropping continues to rise in Los Angeles and around the world. If you're concerned that you're the victim of surveillance strategies, such as a wiretap, spy cams, a tracking device or any other clandestine eavesdropping devices meant to intercept sensitive, classified or private information, then our eavesdropping specialist, at Sunset Blvd. Investigations, Inc. (SBI), is ready to help you put your worries to rest.
Our counter surveillance measures specialist is expertly trained, and has over 35 years of specialized experience, providing us with extensive first-hand familiarity with a wide variety of counter surveillance techniques and bugging devices. Using this experience, we provide technical surveillance countermeasures (TSCM) that are tailored to meet your unique needs and expectations.
About Technical Surveillance Countermeasures
The field of TSCM includes the inspection and analysis of electronic systems (bugs), imaging equipment, telecommunications systems, and structural elements, all with a focus on detecting, isolating, and removing any type of breach to your personal or corporate security. Our TSCM specialist has personally removed devices (bugs) from corporate boardrooms, offices, telephone systems, residences, and automobiles. Our specialist remains technologically up to date with current covert surveillance devices through constant training in this rapidly expanding field.
Debugging and Other Technical Security Strategies
Our bug detection cases, also referred to as "Sweeps" have ranged from defending against corporate espionage to stopping surveillance on the part of scorned spouses. We place the highest priority on protecting our clients' privacy, and our services are performed in complete confidence. All client information is deemed confidential before, during and after the rendering of services.
At Sunset Blvd. Investigations, Inc. (SBI) we utilize state-or-the-art equipment while performing our inspections and bug sweeps to detect diverse types of audio and video interception devices.
Legal Definition – California Penal Code 632 P.C.
632 P.C. defines the crime of eavesdropping as listening in on or recording another person's confidential communication. The offense can be prosecuted as either a misdemeanor or a felony and carries a maximum sentence of up to 3 years in jail.
Note: California is a two-party consent state. This means all parties to a phone call or conversation must give their consent before someone can record it.
The TSCM Inspection and Analysis Consist of the Following:
Our Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM) includes the inspection and analysis of electronic systems, imaging equipment, telecommunications systems, and structural elements. These countermeasures are employed to prevent or detect against surveillance equipment, listening devices and any other clandestine activities meant to intercept sensitive, classified, or private information
- A physical search is conducted for any obvious devices that would permit eavesdropping.
- Utilizing a Signal Hound spectrum analyzer and RF recorder with a frequency range from 10 kHz to 6 GHz, the surrounding area is searched for any transmission emitting from within the target location. This unit detects both analog and digital signals regardless of the type of modulation.
- The target area is again electronically searched with a DAR-3 broadband receiver to detect eavesdropping transmitters within a transmission range from 50 kHz to 12 GHz.
- Using a Super Scout nonlinear junction detector (NLJD), the area is electronically searched. This device detects all transmitters, tape recorders, cameras, and microphones, regardless if they are operating or not. This unit detects the components of these devices regardless of the frequency range or if power to the device is off.
- Utilizing an ISA phone analyzer, time domain reflectometer (TDR) and other related instruments, the phone instruments and inside wiring are examined for devices or modifications that would permit eavesdropping or recording. Extra wiring that is not in use is checked for activity. The TDR allows checking outside wiring approximately two miles from the location. The tests work on single line phones, multi-line phones, electronic and digital phones, hybrid systems and voice over Internet protocol (VOIP.) The same procedure applies to computers, modems, and fax machines.
- Electrical outlets are checked for carrier current devices (devices that utilize the electrical lines to transmit voice and data.) In addition, the entire area is searched for infrared devices.
- Utilizing a CMA-100 countermeasures amplifier, all walls, ducts, and vents are examined for acoustic leakage, and allows our technician to send an electrical current down the line to activate any hidden recorder that might be discovered during the sweep.
We'll take the time to listen to your concerns and expectations and will provide you with a candid evaluation of how we can best assist you. Investigators from Sunset Blvd. Investigations are always there for you! We're just one click, text, email, or phone call away! Phone: (888) 639-4761 or Local: (213) 745-4080.
- World Association of Detectives (WAD)
- California Association of Licensed Investigator (CALI)
- Southern California Fraud Investigators Association (SCFIA)